Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh Mickey, You're Not Fine

This is Sienfeldianly petty but I have a real problem with Mickey Rourke's fingernails. Usually, you don't get to see them much in films but they came to my attention years ago in '9-1/2 Weeks' and I have since built up a full-blown revulsion. Compared to everything else that is going go with Mickey Rourke, this might seem a minor issue, but bear with me.

Mr. Rourke's nails cover the entire tip of his fingers, from side to side and over the top. There is something very reptilian about them. So imagine my disappointment, watching "Iron Man 2", when my unbridled enjoyment of the genius that is Robert Downey Jr. is peppered with nauseating close-ups of Mickey Rourke's hands tapping a computer keyboard! Hellagross.

I can't stop thinking about them. And now, thanks to me, neither can you.

1 comment:

  1. As long as we're disecting body parts... How about Tom Brady's weirdly smooth (and pink) lips? Yuck. No thanks.

    ReplyDelete