Friday, May 28, 2010

Daniel Boone was an Ass


Wow. If anybody actually read our blog I might be in real danger from the DAR. My daughter finally finished her coffee can biography of Daniel Boone today and not before time. I didn't know much about Mr. Boone other than that he wore a coon-skin hat which apparently is utter bunkum!

So I decided to read the book that my daughter used to make her timeline and cue cards (which reside in the coffee can - isn't that clever?!) and discovered that while incredibly brave and self-sufficient, Daniel Boone was also kind of a jerk. He disappeared for long stretches of time into Indian territory, returning home it seems only long enough to father 10 (TEN!) children, several of whom were kidnapped/killed by the Indians in retaliation. Fabulous.

Anyway, here's a picture of the project for your amusement. And if you think that's funny, you should see the model of Jesse Owens.

No comments:

Post a Comment