Friday, April 16, 2010

Mortifying Moment #698

We're inching closer and closer to finishing the bathroom.

Today, after being unavailable all week, the plumber came back (a minor miracle).

I was in the hallway of the first grade “wing” at my son’s school with my son, the rest of the kids in his grade, and most of their parents when I got a call from the plumber telling me that the toilet and sink were in. But the connection was bad, so I wasn’t sure if the plumber said that there was a problem-- as there has been every step of the way (which is why I answered the phone)-- or that there were no problems.

Like every lame sitcom character, I decided that the best course of action was to talk louder (only slightly more logical than talking louder to people who don’t speak English). Which brings us to this moment… out in the hall… surrounded by people:

Me: “SO, CAN I USE THE TOILET?!”

How do you think that went over with a bunch of seven year olds?

No comments:

Post a Comment