Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Unfit to Print

My printer broke. It's one of those things I don't appreciate as much as, say, my Blackberry, because I don't use it daily but not having it was a royal pain in the you-know-what. Whether by accident or divine meddling (paranoid, much?) I suddenly needed to print lots of things.

After a full week of trying to fix it myself, getting cross, driving up to the nearest Kinko's and waiting in line for a computer at the local library I decided to bite the bullet and call the helpline at Dell.

"My printer says it has a paper jam but I can't see any kind of blockage."
"Did you lift up the lid where the ink cartridges go, Ma'am."
("Duh! And by the way, you need to not call me Ma'am.")/ "Yes"
Did you look in the back where the paper feeds in?"
"No ... oh, there's a Nerf dart in there, wedged under one of the rollers!"
" .... OK then?"
"OK."

Bloody kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment